Our No Win, No Free arrangement was created in 1994 in response to growing community concern that access to justice was increasingly restricted to only those who could afford it.
Since its introduction, our innovative No Win, No Fee arrangement has provided access to justice and legal representation for thousands of Australians.
No Win, No Fee Lawyers
Under the No Win, No Fee arrangement, if your claim is unsuccessful you won’t need to pay Slater and Gordon’s fees (the fees that we charge for the work we do on your case).
Your lawyer will take you through this arrangement in more detail including any terms and conditions in your free first initial appointment.
Understanding No Win, No Fee with Practice Group Leader, Ike Nwokolo
No Win, No Fee covers a range of claims
We offer No Win, No Fee arrangements for many of our personal injury related legal services, including:
Motor Vehicle claims
Workplace injury claims
Public Liability claims
Medical Law claims
Superannuation and Insurance claims
Military Law claims
- Your claim has legal merit
- Without the arrangement you couldn’t afford to take legal action
- You're fully aware of any likely costs to prepare and run your case
- You're informed of the risk of paying the other party's costs if your claim is unsuccessful (this is a potential risk in all litigation).
In some cases, such as complex Medical Law claims, you may be required to contribute to the upfront cost of the initial investigative reports. We'll assess and discuss with you any likely additional costs before you agree to work with us.
The No Win, No Fee arrangement sets out our obligations
We'll set out the conditions for the arrangement in a written Legal Cost Agreement, which you'll need to sign before we start work on your claim.
The Legal Cost Agreement sets out our obligations to you, which are to:
• Work on your claim in a prompt, efficient and professional manner
• Regularly inform you of the progress of your claim
• Consult you before any special or unusual expense is incurred
• Advise you if and when our estimate of your legal costs changes substantially.
It also sets out your obligations
Under a No Win, No Fee arrangement, we ask that you:
- Tell us openly and honestly everything that is relevant to your claim and let us know of any important changes in your circumstances that might impact on your claim
- Fully cooperate with us and do everything that we reasonably ask
- Accept and follow all reasonable advice that we give you
- Retain Slater and Gordon as your lawyers until your claim is finalised.