With more than 18 years’ experience as a social worker, I joined Slater and Gordon as the Queensland Manager of Social Work Services in January 2016. I provide psycho-social support for Slater and Gordon’s personal injury clients across Queensland.
The people I work with have experienced trauma, are facing a whole range of social, physical, financial and emotional difficulties and are looking for support to move forward. As part of our free Social Work service, we help clients manage the emotional and social issues following a traumatic injury or serious illness as they navigate the legal process. We recognise the range of complex issues and needs that can arise both in the short and long term.
Getting fair compensation for a life-changing incident goes a long way to restoring lives, but it’s also important that our clients can access appropriate care and treatment and are able to build support networks within their own community. I’m here to help, providing you with counselling, case work crisis and risk assessment and getting you access to the right support services.
I also bring diverse experience in public health systems, large non-government organisations and international practice to help my clients achieve the best possible outcomes.
- Bachelor of Social Work (Honours)
- Bachelor of Arts (French) (Honours)
- 2016- Present: QLD Manager of Social Work Services, Slater + Gordon Lawyers
- 2012-2015: Logan Hospital and Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital, Queensland Health
- 2008 – 2011: Large Non-Government Organisations, principally in France
- 1999 – 2007: Public Health settings, in both acute and sub-acute adult services, principally in the United Kingdom
Memberships and Association
- Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) – Accredited Social Worker
- Oncology Social Workers of Australia (OSWA)
- Disability Social Work Practice Group