Become a legal assistant within our firm
Working as a legal assistant is the perfect way to start a long and successful career in the legal sector. We ensure our legal assistants are involved with complex, varied and challenging work right from the get-go.
We offer clear career progression by providing ongoing opportunities to develop and expand your skills. Our team is collaborative and forward-thinking, which means you'll be included in conversations about casework and have the chance to make your talent known.
What we're looking for
We offer a variety of legal assistant positions across our core practice areas. From motor vehicle accidents to worker's compensation law, we can ensure you establish your career as a legal assistant and achieve your long-term goals.
Finding the right employees is crucial to our success as a firm. A love of the law, reading, punctuality and research skills will bring you to our recruitment team's attention. Ideally, you'll also have:
- An interest in plaintiff law, whereby lawyers take action against individuals and businesses on behalf of an injured party
- A passion for social justice and a sound understanding of our firm’s history
- A relevant degree or qualification (such as an Advanced Diploma in Legal Practice)
- Excellent written and editorial skills to assist with drafting routine correspondence, filing memos, and proofreading legal documents including pleadings, briefs, discovery and transactional documents
- Strong interpersonal skills to facilitate daily interaction with lawyers, paralegals, staff, clients, opposing counsel, judicial personnel, vendors and other third-parties
- Outstanding research and investigative skills as well as an innate ability to multitask
- A love of the law and a solid knowledge of federal and state rules of legal procedure.
We believe in hiring people with talent, determination and drive. Demonstrate all three and we'll help you get the training and development you need to drive a long and successful legal career.
Get in touch with our team today
No matter where you're located, there’s a Slater and Gordon office close by. If you'd like to learn more about becoming a Legal Assistant within our firm, call our friendly Recruitment Office.