Join our Paralegal and Graduate Program
Keen to help real people dealing with real legal issues? Our Paralegal and Graduate Program is a brilliant opportunity to contribute to a variety of exciting and challenging cases.
Commencing with an 18-month contract working within a specific practice area of law, it can lead to the offer of a permanent position within our firm. Our law students work with senior lawyers to stand up for the rights of their clients and gain hands-on experience providing legal services to everyday Australians.
If you're currently studying and want to gain real-world experience working in the legal industry, we encourage you to visit our Career Opportunities Page.
"I wanted to be part of a progressive firm which did good work for the broader community. The work of a graduate can be vastly different from day to day, and there’s never a dull moment. I was lucky enough to be able to learn on the job from more experienced practitioners, and in particular, to be guided by senior lawyers."
Caitlin Baker, Graduate
What we're looking for
Ideally, you'll have:
- An interest in plaintiff law, wherein lawyers take action against individuals and businesses on behalf of an injured party
- A passion for social justice and a sound understanding of our firm’s history
- A relevant degree or qualification (such as an Advanced Diploma in Legal Practice)
- Excellent written and editorial skills to assist with drafting routine correspondence, filing memos, and proofreading legal documents such as pleadings, briefs, discovery and transactional documents
- Strong interpersonal skills to facilitate daily interaction with lawyers, paralegals, staff, clients, opposing counsel, judicial personnel, vendors and other third-parties
- Outstanding research and investigative skills as well as an innate ability to multitask
- A love of the law and a solid knowledge of federal and state rules of legal procedure.
Although fundamental legal principles are taught at university, there are infinite complexities to plaintiff law that are only grasped though day-to-day practice. Our Paralegal and Graduate Program is a cornerstone of our firm and provides the training and opportunities you need to develop a long and successful law career.
Lawyers at Slater and Gordon are first and foremost officers of the people, and it's paralegals and graduates that enable lawyers to do what lawyers do best.