I joined Slater and Gordon in 2016 and am the State Practice Group Leader of the Superannuation and Disability Insurance team. My work here includes:
• Complex insurance litigation claims
• Disability claims (total and permanent disability, income protection, trauma)
• Non-disclosure and insurance fraud cases
• Superannuation disputes.
After seeing a family member struggle with access to appropriate legal support and how complex and unfair our system can sometimes be, I’m passionate about giving clients easy access to legal help.
A debilitating injury or illness—and the financial stress that often accompanies it―is hard enough without having to navigate a complicated legal system as well. I focus on getting the best possible outcomes for my clients, so that they can focus their attention where it’s most needed—on their health and their family.
I am heavily involved in advocating for the rights of consumers and, on behalf of Slater and Gordon, have prepared submissions in relation to relevant inquiries. Our submissions are available at the links below:
- Submission to the Treasury: Consultation Paper – Enforceability of financial services industry codes (April 2019) (PDF, 804 KB)
- Submission to the Financial Services Counsel: Consultation Draft – Life Insurance Code of Practice 2.0 (January 2019) (PDF, 974 KB)
- Submission to the Royal Commission: Misconduct in the Banking, Superannuation and Financial Services Industry – Submissions in response to Policy questions arising from Module 6 (October 2018) (PDF, 897 KB)
- Submission to the Treasury: Extending Unfair Contract Terms Protections to Insurance Contracts Proposal Paper (August 2018) (PDF, 923 KB)
- Submission to the Productivity Commission: Superannuation – Assessing Competitiveness and Efficiency (July 2018) (PDF, 914 KB)
Along with my work at Slater and Gordon, I love sharing my expertise in disability insurance with community groups who provide invaluable support for individuals suffering a disability or illness. I’ve also had the pleasure of presenting at education seminars for medical professionals and organisations such as Cancer Council Victoria and the Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre.
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- Admitted to Supreme Court of Victoria
- Bachelor of Laws, Deakin University
- Bachelor of Arts (Criminology), Deakin University
- 2016 - Present, Slater and Gordon
- 2010 - 2016, Nowicki Carbone Lawyers
- 2009 - Russell Kennedy Lawyers
Memberships and Associations
- Australian Lawyers Alliance (ALA), Member
- ALA Disability Insurance National Special Interest Group, Executive Committee Member (Secretary)
- Deakin University Law School Alumni, Committee Member
- Law Institute of Victoria, Member