Peter is an Associate at Slater and Gordon who has assisted a diverse range of clients including property owners, businesses and not-for-profit organisations. Peter began working for Slater and Gordon as a graduate lawyer in 2011 and has been employed an Associate since 2016.
Peter is particularly interested in property-based disputes, including helping clients who are:
- facing compulsory acquisition of their land (including complex claims dealing with contamination, town planning and valuation issues)
- affected by fires (including multiple clients affected by the Margaret River bushfires in November 2011)
- claiming under the Water Act.
His commercial law experience includes:
- representing clients with claims against financial services providers (including acting for hundreds of clients as an independent customer advocate in the Commonwealth Bank of Australia’s Open Advice Review Program);
- advising in relation to Freedom of Information disputes;
- advising in relation to applications made to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC)
Peter is also a trusted advisor to a large Victorian Aboriginal corporation and he is experienced in advising on governance, not-for-profit and Aboriginal heritage issues. Peter prides himself on always delivering thorough case analysis and advice, and providing his clients with practical solutions.
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- Admitted, Supreme Court of Victoria
- Bachelor of Laws, La Trobe University, Melbourne
- Bachelor of Arts, La Trobe University, Melbourne
- 2008 - Present, Slater and Gordon
- 2008 - 2010, Office of Brian Tee MP
Memberships and Associations
- Law Institute of Victoria
- La Trobe University Student Union