Peter is a Senior Associate at Slater and Gordon. Peter has a diverse advisory and disputes practice and acts for individuals, unions, indigenous organisations, other not-for-profits and businesses.
Peter is able to draw on his experience to advise in relation to:
- not-for profit law, governance disputes and advice;
- property disputes (including compulsory acquisition matter, disturbance to property rights and claims arising from environmental contamination, fires and floods);
- consumer protection, contractual disputes and professional negligence matters, particularly claims against financial advisors and financial institutions;
- regulatory matters;
- confidential information and copyright disputes.
Peter’s recent experience includes:
- successfully resolving a claim on behalf of landowners for compensation relating to a fire at a rural property;
- successfully resolving litigated claims relating to breach of confidential information and copyright;
- representing a landowner in a complex dispute with a statutory authority, including through court proceedings;
- advising unions in relation to various non-industrial matters.
Peter is a trusted advisor to a large Victorian Aboriginal Corporation and is experienced in advising in relation to Aboriginal heritage and native title matters.
Peter prides himself on providing thorough case analysis and advice, and providing his clients with practical solutions to their legal problems. He is experienced in engaging a wide variety of experts to build the evidence for his clients’ claims and test the evidence of his opponents. He has conducted litigation in all Victorian courts and in the Federal Court of Australia.
Peter is a current board member and secretary of Melbourne radio institution PBSFM 106.7.
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- Admitted, Supreme Court of Victoria
- Bachelor of Laws, La Trobe University, Melbourne
- Bachelor of Arts, La Trobe University, Melbourne
- 2008 - Present, Slater and Gordon
- 2008 - 2010, Office of Brian Tee MP
Memberships and Associations
- Law Institute of Victoria
- La Trobe University Student Union