As Practice Group Leader for Slater and Gordon’s Victorian Commercial and Project Litigation team, I help landholders whose rights are affected by issues such as compulsory land acquisition, contamination of land or use of powers by statutory authorities.
Drawing on more than 12 years of experience in commercial litigation, I work hard to ensure my clients get access to fair and just compensation. I use my skills, experience and know-how to take power back for people who would otherwise be disadvantaged by life’s twists and turns.
My team and I guide my clients carefully through the difficult time in life that brings them to a lawyer. We negotiate hard for our clients to get them the best outcome, and we are tenacious about gathering the strongest evidence to support our clients’ claims.
My proudest work includes:
• successfully resolving a complex compulsory acquisition claim arising from the Regional Rail Link project, which involved a large development site with contamination issues.
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- 2006 - Admitted, Supreme Court of Victoria
- 2004 - Bachelor of Laws, Monash University
- 2004 - Bachelor of Arts (Honours), Monash University
- 2005 - Present, Slater and Gordon
Memberships and Associations
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Victorian Women Lawyers
- My greatest career highlight was running and settling the Cranbourne Landfill class action, which secured a settlement of $23.5M for home owners affected by gas migrating from a closed landfill site into a neighbouring housing estate
- Defending writers and journalists in a claim brought by a prominent crime figure
- Providing corporate governance advice over many years to a significant indigenous organisation
- Successfully resolving a complex compulsory acquisition claim arising from the Regional Rail Link project, which involved a large development site with contamination issues
- Involvement in large, complex litigation on behalf of a company claiming breach of confidential information and other IP claims against Telstra