As Practice Group Leader at Slater and Gordon, Manisha works across a range of matters to assist clients through challenging times. Her key areas of practice are:
Manisha has extensive experience representing clients facing compulsory acquisition of interests in land and maximising compensation and outcomes for clients. Manisha acts for individuals and business facing relocation or partial acquisitions and ensures that clients receive the guidance they need through the difficult process, as well as ensuring that claims are carefully prepared and robustly pursued.
Manisha has acted for clients across all of Victoria’s recent major projects, as well as for clients around the country including significant business operators.
Interference with Property Rights – Planning and Environment Disputes
Manisha’s experience includes statutory and common law claims to enforce property rights for owners facing compulsory acquisition as well as use of powers by statutory authorities, arising from contamination of land, and other interference with property rights.
Drawing on more than 15 years of experience in commercial and class action litigation, Manisha works hard to ensure her clients rights are protected and that the best outcomes are achieved for her clients. Manisha is an accomplished negotiator as well an experienced litigator.
Manisha has litigated complex and novel claims with significant outcomes for clients and gaining substantially improved compensation for claimants.
Governance Disputes and Advice
Manisha provides specialist advice to a range of organisations requiring advice on internal governance and disputes.
Examples of Manisha’s experience include:
- Leading and settling the Cranbourne Landfill class action, which secured a settlement of $23.5M for home owners affected by gas migrating from a closed landfill site into a neighbouring housing estate
- Defending writers and journalists in a claim brought by a prominent crime figure
- Providing governance advice over many years to significant indigenous organisations on a wide range of issues
- Successfully resolving litigated claims regarding breach of confidential information and copyright
- Successfully resolving a complex litigated compulsory acquisition claim involving a large, contaminated, development site
- Involvement in large, complex litigation on behalf of a company claiming breach of confidential information and other IP claims against Telstra
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- 2006 - Admitted, Supreme Court of Victoria
- 2004 - Bachelor of Laws, Monash University
- 2004 - Bachelor of Arts (Honours), Monash University
- 2005 - Present, Slater and Gordon
- 2019 – Present, Director / Board Member, OurSchool
Memberships and Associations
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Victorian Women Lawyers
- Victorian Planning and Environmental Law Association