Motivated by a lifelong commitment to social justice, I’ve been practising as a lawyer since 2007 and I have expertise in helping clients who have been affected by asbestos, and their families, get access to fair compensation.
During my career I’ve worked on more than 100 cases for clients whose lives have been impacted after exposure to asbestos, such as DIY home renovators, Wittenoom workers and residents, carpenters, plumbers, electricians and waterside workers. My clients are suffering from issues including mesothelioma, asbestos-related lung cancer, asbestosis or asbestos-related pleural disease.
Dealing with these health issues is difficult enough, so I’m passionate about not only getting you access to your full entitlements, but doing so in a simple, quick and caring way so you can focus on your wellbeing. I’ll always make sure that you receive the best possible support and service throughout the legal process.
I’m also a highly skilled advocate with a passion for community and social justice, having served as the Member for North Metropolitan Region in the Western Australian Parliament and also as a Councillor at the City of Vincent.
Before that, I lived in Cambodia working in the field of anti-human trafficking
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- 2007 - Admitted, Supreme Court of Western Australia
- 2007 - Admitted, High Court of Australia
- 2006 - Bachelor of Laws (Honours) / Bachelor of Arts, University of Western Australia
- 2011 - Present, Slater and Gordon
- 2016 - 2017, Member for North Metropolitan Region, WA State Parliament (MLC)
- 2013 - 2016, City of Vincent councillor, South Ward
- 2009 - 2011, Department for Child Protection, WA
- 2008 - 2009, South East Asia Investigations into Social and Humanitarian Activities (SISHA), Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- 2007 - 2008, Healthcare Centre for Children (HCC), Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Memberships and Associations
- Law Society of Western Australia
- Doyles Guide 2019 - Recommended Dust Diseases Compensation Lawyer (Plaintiff) - Western Australia