I’m a Practice Group Leader at Slater and Gordon, and my clients are everyday people who have worked hard all their lives and deserve justice.
I specialise in asbestos and dust diseases claims, and since I began practising law in 1996 I have acted for hundreds of people suffering from:
- Lung cancer
- Asbestos-related pleural disease
- Progressive Massive Fibrosis
I work closely with my clients and their families during what is a very stressful time. My goal is to take the stress out of dealing with the legal system so they can move forward together.
My clients are generally people who have worked hard all their lives, and are lovely people who deserve justice. I am glad to fight for that justice and to make a difference to their lives.
When I meet someone suffering from an asbestos-related disease I want to hear their story—every story is different and important. It’s important to me to look after these cases and see people get justice for themselves and the families they will leave behind.
One of my proudest achievements was acting for an employee of BHP Billiton Limited in the Dust Diseases Tribunal of New South Wales. My client suffered from malignant pleural mesothelioma and, in a landmark decision, the court awarded him the highest amount for damages for pain and suffering in New South Wales.
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- Accredited Specialist in Personal Injury Law, Law Society of New South Wales
- 1996 Admitted to Supreme Court of New South Wales
- 1996 Admitted to High Court of Australia
- 1995 Bachelor of Economics, Bachelor of Laws, Macquarie University
- 2008 - Present, Slater and Gordon
- 1996-2007, Watkins Tapsell
- 1992-1995, NSW Crown Solicitors Office
Memberships and Associations
- Law Society of NSW
- The Thoracic Society of Australia and New Zealand
- Asbestos Diseases Foundation of Australia
- Australian Lawyers Alliance
- Doyles Guide 2019 - Leading Asbestos and Dust Diseases Compensation Lawyer (Plaintiff) - New South Wales
Thank you so much for your support during this time. I’ve just passed your news onto Mum and we would both would like to let you know how wonderful yourself, Jenny and your colleagues at Slater and Gordon have been expediting Dad’s case.You have made the legal passage a smooth one for Dad and my family. I’m sure Dad is sending his thanks to you as well in spirit.
Again, thank you for your efforts and time you have spent on Dad’s claim. We both appreciate it very much. Considering the complexity of the claim, I believe we have had a great outcome.
Your efforts on his behalf took away the financial worry for me and made it easier for him knowing I would be ok. Thanks again for what you did and I think of you often with gratitude, regards