Janine McIlwraith is a principal lawyer in our medical law team based in Melbourne. Admitted to the Supreme Court of NSW in 2001, she has more than 10 years’ experience working on medical negligence compensation claims, she has conducted complex litigation involving birth trauma, serious brain injury, adverse surgical outcomes and delayed cancer diagnosis.
Janine has a particular interest in the law concerning allied health providers and surrogacy law both in Australia and internationally.
In addition to her work with Slater and Gordon, Janine is a regular speaker at medico-legal conferences, has taught medical law at Western Sydney University and is a co-author of four textbooks in the medical law and disability compensation area.
Janine is a member of the firm’s Pro Bono and Legal Profession Committee.
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- Bachelor of Medical Radiation Science
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours), University of Wollongong
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice, University of Wollongong
- Master of Laws, Sydney University
- Doyles Guide 2019 - Recommended Medical Negligence and Malpractice Compensation Lawyer (Plaintiff) - Victoria