As a senior lawyer and Practice Group Leader in Slater and Gordon’s public liability team, I’m passionate about social justice and helping people who have been injured, in circumstances out of their control, to get fair compensation and support.
I’ve been practising law for more than 20 years and during this time I have acted for clients who have suffered a wide range of injuries including but not limited to brain and spinal injuries, quadriplegia, paraplegia, limb amputations, eye injuries, severe burns, upper and lower limb fractures and psychological injury arising from traumatic circumstances including the death of loved ones. I consider it a privilege to be able to make a positive difference in the lives of my clients who place their trust in me to achieve a positive outcome that enables them to move on with their life.
In 2016 and 2017 I received recognition as a leading Public Liability Compensation Lawyer by clients and peers for my expertise in the area of Public Liability Law published by Doyles Guide.
One of my proudest achievements in my 24 years as a lawyer is completing the Melbourne marathon to raise money for my client, a young mother whose child was mauled to death by a pit bull dog. Due to the generosity of the public I raised $12,700 for my client so she could visit her family overseas. As a result of the wide publicity the case received new laws were introduced in Victoria to impose harsher penalties on owners of dangerous dogs that attack members of the public. I also was able to secure a confidential settlement on her behalf.
It is important to know that when I represent you, you can trust that I will leave no stone unturned and do my absolute best to ensure I achieve a positive outcome for you. That is my promise to you.
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- 2009 - Admitted, High Court of Australia
- 1995 - Admitted, Supreme Court of Victoria
- 1994 - Bachelor of Laws, University of Melbourne
- 1994 - Present, Slater and Gordon
Memberships and Associations
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Board Member - AMES Australia
- Co-Founder and Board Member Incubate Foundation
- Co-Founder and Board Member African Music and Cultural Festival(AMCF)
- Awarded the 2015 Slater and Gordon Chair Award in recognition of contribution to the community
- Co-founder and Vice President of the Incubate Foundation - an organisation set up to mentor and create employment pathways for African Australian youth
- Recognised as a Leading Public Liability Compensation Lawyer 2016 and 2017 – Doyles Guide.