Geoff leads the Victorian industrial and employment law department at Slater and Gordon. He has practised law for more than 20 years and also worked inside the Electrical Trades Union for 15 years. As a result, he is familiar with all of the challenges that unions and their members face.
Geoff is proud to share his experience, knowledge, accessibility and commitment with his clients and most importantly, ensure they know he genuinely cares about them and their situation.
Geoff has extensive experience across all aspects of employment and industrial law. For example:
- He has obtained urgent injunctions from the Court, such as an injunction in the Federal Court that prevented the termination of 100s of workers jobs during the Desalination project.
- He has negotiated a tense and technical settlements with large companies, such as the settlement during the Carlton & United Breweries dispute which lead to a great outcome with all sacked employees getting their jobs back on the same terms and conditions and with enhanced job security.
- He has successfully obtained reinstatement for workers who have been sacked unfairly, such as the two shop stewards from Visy who Geoff represented.
- He has represented workers who are having issues with their professional registration, such as nurses, teachers and health workers.
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- 1998 - Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Commerce
- 2017 - Present, Slater and Gordon
- 2002 - 2017 CEPU
Memberships and Associations
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Australian Lawyers Alliance
- Doyles Guide 2019 - Leading Employment Lawyer (Plaintiff) - Victoria