I have always had a strong interest in personal injury law. Since joining Slater and Gordon in 1997, I have had a special interest in motor vehicle accident claims and that continues to be my primary area of practice.
What gets me out of bed each day is a desire to help people when they need it the most. Those who are injured, and families grieving the loss of a loved one, need a good listener--someone who can support them through a very challenging time in their lives and guide them through the complexities of the legal process. I find it incredibly rewarding to assist my clients through this experience and to make a positive contribution to their lives in the future.
I have been accredited by the Law Institute of Victoria as a personal injury law specialist since 2001, and I am actively involved in their specialisation program because I enjoy giving back to the profession.
In addition to acting for injured motorists and their families, I help lead a team of passionate, hard-working and likeminded Slater and Gordon lawyers in Western Metropolitan Melbourne (Werribee and Sunshine), as well as Regional Victoria (Ballarat, Geelong and Wangaratta)--providing support and guidance to get the best outcome for their clients.
A good legal outcome is not just about obtaining the highest award of compensation possible for a client, but also ensuring that each client's dignity is maintained and they are listened to at each step of the way.
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- 2001 Accredited Specialist in Personal Injury Law
- 1995 Admitted, Supreme Court of Victoria
- 1995 Admitted, Federal Court of Australia
- 1995 Admitted, High Court of Australia
- 1993 Bachelor of Laws, University of Melbourne
- 1990 Bachelor of Arts (Honours), La Trobe University
- 1997 - Present, Slater and Gordon
- 1990 - 1997, Maurice Blackburn and Co
Memberships and Associations
- Law Institute of Victoria, Accredited Specialisation Board Member (2007 - Present)
- Law Institute of Victoria, Personal Injury Law Advisory Committee – (2003 to 2011)
- Australian Lawyers Alliance