Christine has been a practising Social Worker for 14 years. After graduating from the University of Edinburgh, she moved to Australia in 2007 where she commenced my social work career at the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital, working within multi-disciplinary teams to provide psychosocial support to patients, their families and carers in both acute and sub-acute settings.
Christine has worked across various clinical areas including aged care, general medicine, rehabilitation, emergency department, and oncology/haematology. She appreciates the complex health and social issues that can affect a person following a major trauma and she is passionate about helping people to access the supports and services they need to optimise their health and social outcomes.
Christine can provide clients with emotional support as well as practical assistance and information as they navigate through their compensation process.
- 2003 – Higher National Diploma in Social Care
- 2007 – Bachelor of Science in Social Work (Hons)
- 2021-present, Slater and Gordon (QLD).
- 2007-2020, Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital (QLD)
- 2007 - HM Prison Edinburgh, Scotland
Memberships and Associations
- Australian Centre for Grief and Bereavement
- Oncology Social Workers Australia and New Zealand (OSWANZ)
- Social Justice Professionals in Legal Settings Special Interest Group (QLD)
- Disability Practice Group (QLD)
- Clinical and Mental Health Practice Group (QLD)
- Private Practice Group (QLD)
- 2014-2020 – Social Work Grief and Loss Portfolio Group (RBWH)