I have more than 30 years' experience as a lawyer and for almost all this time have specialised in public liability and personal injury law.
I have worked for people who have suffered catastrophic injuries such as paraplegia, quadriplegia, brain injury, burns and vision loss. The majority of people I continue to act for are those with injuries to their backs or necks, limb fractures, joint replacements, animal bites and psychological injuries. In addition, I work on cases involving airline travel accidents or accidents that happen on holiday. In 2017 I was named as a leading public liability compensation lawyer in Doyle's Guide.
I'm driven to help everyday people whose lives have been affected by injury or illness get the right compensation and support to help with their recovery--especially in circumstances where they have suffered major injuries. It's important I fully understand want you need with your case. As lawyers, we do a much better job when we listen more and talk less.
I love seeing my clients achieve a level of independence away from the public system. I help them reach a point where they can make their own decisions about what assistance they need.
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- 2005 - Admitted, High Court of Australia
- 1999 - Accredited Specialist in Personal Injury, Law Institute of Victoria
- 1987 - Admitted, Supreme Court of Victoria
- 1986 - Bachelor of Laws, Monash University
- 1983 - Bachelor of Arts (Honours), Monash University
- 1996 - Present, Slater and Gordon
- 1991 - 1996, Nicholas O’Donohue and Co
- 1990 - 1991, Brian Ward and Partners
- 1987 - 1990, Maurice Blackburn and Co
Memberships and Associations
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Australian Lawyers Association
- Doyles Guide 2019 - Leading Public Liability Compensation Lawyer (Plaintiff) - Victoria
- Named as one of the Leading Practitioners in 2017 by Defendant Insurance practitioners in Doyles Guide