I am passionate about my work and helping people fight for justice against large powerful organisations. I have recently been appointed as Special Counsel with Slater and Gordon and I enjoy mentoring younger lawyers and assisting with their cases and meeting their clients. I have been involved with promoting equitable briefing
I qualified as a lawyer in 1994 and initially undertook general personal injury work including Workcover, TAC and public liability claims. I also undertook Family Law work for 5 years. Over the last 20 years I have specialised in medical negligence work and have recently specialised in birth injury cases.
I trained as a registered nurse at the Royal Melbourne Hospital and qualified in 1983 then worked as a nurse for 10 years both full time and part time while studying law, That’s why I’m passionate about achieving justice in medical negligence cases, ensuring my clients access the entitlements they deserve. I worked at Moorabbin Hospital specialising in orthopaedic and general surgical nursing and at Fairfield Hospital specialising in infectious diseases.
I have achieved a large number of multimillion-dollar settlements for catastrophically injured children and adults, including a $9.5 million settlement for a young man who suffered quadriplegia as a result of untreated sepsis.
I love dogs and have a very well loved mastiff. I enjoy travelling and look forward to a post COVID world when travelling becomes easier.
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- Accredited Specialist in Personal Injury Law, Law Institute of Victoria
- 1993 - Admitted, Supreme Court of Victoria
- 1993 - Admitted, High Court of Australia
- 1992 - Bachelor of Arts, Melbourne University
- 1991 - Bachelor of Laws, Melbourne University
- 1990 - Registered Nurse, Royal Melbourne Hospital
- 2011 - Present, Slater and Gordon
- 2000 - 2011, Arnold Thomas and Becker, Personal Injuries Solicitor/Partner
Memberships and Associations
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Australian Lawyers Alliance
- Doyles Guide 2021 - Recommended Medical Negligence Compensation Lawyer (Plaintiff) - Victoria
- Doyles Guide 2020 - Leading Medical Negligence and Malpractice Compensation Lawyer (Plaintiff) - Victoria
- Doyles Guide 2019 - Leading Medical Negligence and Malpractice Compensation Lawyer (Plaintiff) - Victoria
- Successfully ran a case in the High Court of Australia
- Achieved a significant number of multi million dollar settlements for catastrophically injured children and adults