After working as a nurse for 10 years before qualifying as a lawyer in 1993, I’ve seen firsthand the damage that medical negligence can have on a person. That’s why I’m passionate about achieving justice in medical negligence cases, ensuring my clients access the entitlements they deserve.
My many years of medical law experience and my background as a nurse means that I understand exactly how hospitals work, how to read a medical file and how to interpret complex medical facts.
My clients have all had significant injuries as a result of medical treatment; often they can’t work, and they struggle to undertake daily activities. I’m here to ensure they get the financial compensation they are entitled to so they can concentrate on making the best possible recovery.
I understand what a huge impact a significant injury can have both physically and psychologically, so I make the legal process as streamlined and straightforward as possible. What’s more, I bring my expertise, compassion and tenacity to every case to ensure a successful outcome.
I have achieved a large number of multimillion-dollar settlements for catastrophically injured children and adults, including a $9.5 million settlement for a young man who suffered quadriplegia as a result of untreated sepsis.
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- Accredited Specialist in Personal Injury Law, Law Institute of Victoria
- 1993 - Admitted, Supreme Court of Victoria
- 1993 - Admitted, High Court of Australia
- 1992 - Bachelor of Arts, Melbourne University
- 1991 - Bachelor of Laws, Melbourne University
- 1990 - Registered Nurse, Royal Melbourne Hospital
- 2011 - Present, Slater and Gordon
- 2000 - 2011, Arnold Thomas and Becker, Personal Injuries Solicitor/Partner
Memberships and Associations
- Medico Legal Society of Victoria
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Australian Lawyers Association
- Successfully ran a case in the High Court of Australia
- Achieved a significant number of multi million dollar settlements for catastrophically injured children and adults