I am a Senior Associate, and an expert in transport accident claims. It is my goal to ease the burden of my clients during what is often the most difficult period of their lives. I aim to do so by making the legal process as clear, affordable and stress-free as possible. My goal is to resolve my clients’ claims quickly, and with the best possible results, so they can focus on their recovery.
If you have been injured, emotionally or physically, in an accident involving a motorbike, car, train, tram, or as a cyclist or a pedestrian, I would love the opportunity to explain your rights and entitlements to you at a free appointment.
I have always been passionate about assisting people who have been injured. I started working at Slater and Gordon nearly 8 years ago in our Medical Negligence team, where I represented people injured as a result of medical negligence.
In 2012 I took a leave of absence to work at the United Nations’ International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia in Holland, where I worked on high profile cases, including assisting drafting the judgements in the cases of Ratko Mladic and Zdravko Tolimir, (both of whom were convicted of genocide).
Upon my return to Slater and Gordon, I rejoined the Medical Negligence team and worked on the class action against James Latham Peters, an anesthetist who infected approximately 50 women with Hepatitis C. The case settled for $13.75 million.
In 2014 I joined our Motor Vehicle Accident team, where I remain today. I fight to obtain lump sum compensation, funding of medical treatment and lost wages for people injured as a result of transport accidents.
I have more than 16 publications in journals including the Australian Health Law Bulletin, the United Nations Youth Journal and the Law Institute Journal. In 2017 I was a finalist for the Law Institute of Victoria Rising Star Award.
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- Admitted, High Court of Australia
- Admitted, Supreme Court of Australia
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice
- Bachelor of Laws - University of Melbourne
- Bachelor of Arts - University of Melbourne
- 2012, United Nations International Criminal Tribunal for the Former Yugoslavia
- 2011 - Present, Slater and Gordon
- 2010 - 2011, Waller Legal
- 2009 - 2011, Refugee and Immigration Legal Centre
- 2009 – 2011, Coalition Against Trafficking in Women (Australia)
- 2009, Coalition Against Trafficking in Women (New York)
- 2009, Sanctuary for Families Domestic Violence Legal Centre (New York)
Memberships and Associations
- Human Trafficking Taskforce Member
- Young Lawyers Section of the Law Institute of Victoria Community Issues Committee
- Road Trauma Support Service Shine a Light on Safety Committee
- Law Institute of Victoria