Alexis has been a social worker for nearly 20 years and is the NSW/ACT Manager of Social Work Services. Slater and Gordon’s free Social Work service exists to support our clients Australia-wide who are facing a wide range of emotional and practical concerns as they move through the process of claiming compensation. Alexis provides short-term telephone counselling, casework and referral to local or specialised services, to assist clients to build their network of support in the community.
Prior to joining Slater and Gordon in 2011, Alexis worked in a community based service through UnitingCare Burnside. In her role, she provided support, counselling and referrals to individuals and families facing homelessness, family conflict and crisis.
Many people who are living with a life-changing illness or injury don’t know about the services and support available to them in their community. Alexis helps people to access the appropriate services and support they need following serious injury or illness.
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- Bachelor of Social Work, University of Sydney
- 2011 - Present, Slater and Gordon
- 2001 - 2011, Uniting Care Burnside
Memberships and Associations
- Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW) – Accredited Social Worker
- Oncology Social Work Australia (OSWA)
- Social Workers In Brain Injury (SWIBI)
- International Network of Social Workers in Acquired Brain Injury (INSWABI)
- Palliative Care Social Work Australia (PCSWA)
- Social Workers In Disability (SWID)
- Social Work Oncology Group NSW (SWOG)