Please select your location to view information that is specific to you.
Head of General Law, Australia
James has extensive experience in the conduct of class actions having worked on numerous group proceedings including commercial and shareholder actions such as those related to Centro and Opes Prime as well product liability cases such as Vioxx.
James has a particular interest in litigation funding and has worked closely with international and domestic litigation funders to assist funders and promote a competitive funding market in Australia in the interests of consumers.
James previously headed the Queensland office of the firm during its inception. Prior to joining Slater and Gordon he worked as Director of Parliamentary and Legal Affairs in the Office of the Premier of Victoria.
- Litigation and dispute resolution
- Class actions
- Since July 2016 Slater and Gordon (Head of General Law)
- 2012-2016 Slater and Gordon (general manager, Business and Specialised Litigation)
- 2011 - 2012 Slater and Gordon (general manager, commercial and project litigation)
- 2009 - 2011 Slater and Gordon (practice group leader, commercial and project litigation)
- 2005 - 2009 Slater and Gordon (practice group leader, asbestos)
- 2004 - 2005 Slater and Gordon (partner)
- 2002 - 2004 Slater and Gordon (articled clerk/graduate)
- 1999-2002 Premier of Victoria (senior legal adviser)
- 1996-1999 Leader of the Opposition, Victoria (adviser)
Memberships and associations
Professional qualifications and admissions
- 1998 Bachelor of Laws (Honours), Monash University
- 1996 Bachelor of Arts (Honours), Monash University