You web browser may not be properly supported. To use this site and all its features we recommend using the latest versions of Chrome, Safari or Firefox

Computer And Phone Resized For Blog

Being involved in a transport accident can be stressful, however managing your claim doesn’t have to be.

The Transport Accident Commission (TAC) provides benefits and compensation to Victorians injured on the road, whether that be in a car accident, motorbike accident, train, tram or bus accident, as well as, cyclists and pedestrians.

The TAC has recently made some changes that should give you easier, and more timely access to the treatment and benefits you need in the unfortunate event you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident.

Online Portal

If you are aged over 16 and have an existing claim with the TAC, you might want to manage your claim using the my-TAC app or online portal. You can upload reimbursements forms and receipts, send messages to the TAC, update your personal details and look at the treatment and support services you can access, all in your own time and without having to wait on the phone. Have a look at the TAC website to see more and register.

What you need to know

  • You need to be over 16 years of age to utilise the myTAC app.

  • You will require your TAC claim number to register. If you have forgotten your claim number you can call the TAC on 1300 654 329.

  • In the event you have multiple claims with the TAC, the app allows you to manage all of these in one central place.

  • It’s important that you still seek independent legal advice to ensure you are receiving all of the benefits you are entitled to assist you on your road to recovery.

Need more information or want to speak with an experienced transport accident lawyer?

If you would like to understand more about the update above and how it relates to your claim, or if you have a claim you would like to discuss with an experienced transport accident lawyer, get in touch by submitting an enquiry online or calling 1800 555 777. At Slater and Gordon we offer a free initial appointment* and No Win, No Fee** for personal injury matters. We also have a free in-house social work service upon referral by a lawyer.

Injured on the road?

If you or a family member have been injured in any kind of road or transport accident, even as a pedestrian, cyclist or public transport user, you may be entitled to a range of compensation benefits.

The contents of this blog post are considered accurate as at the date of publication. However the applicable laws may be subject to change, thereby affecting the accuracy of the article. The information contained in this blog post is of a general nature only and is not specific to anyone’s personal circumstances. Please seek legal advice before acting on any of the information contained in this post.

Thank you for your feedback.

We're here to help

Start your online claim check now. Or, if you have a question, get in touch with our team.