I’m a Principal Lawyer and have been practising in medical negligence law since 2010. Prior to joining Slater and Gordon I worked as a medical negligence defence lawyer. The work was interesting but I felt unfulfilled defending corporations and was searching for something more.
I signed up to work with some disadvantaged people who were in need of help. I enjoyed the personal interaction, listening to their stories and helping them navigate the legal system. Most of all, it was rewarding to make a positive difference to someone's life. I then joined Slater and Gordon to work as a plaintiff lawyer and have not looked back since.
As one of the very few medical negligence plaintiff lawyers who has also worked as a defence lawyer, I have invaluable insight to the workings of “the other side”. This definitely gives me a strategic advantage when it comes to getting the best possible outcome for clients.
I’ve led cases ranging from minor injuries to multi-million-dollar catastrophic injury claims. In the end, whatever the value of the claim, if the client is satisfied with my work then I feel like I have achieved something.
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- 2013 - Admitted, High Court of Australia
- 2011 - Admitted, Supreme Court of New South Wales
- Bachelor of Laws, University of New South Wales
- Master of Actuarial Studies, University of New South Wales
- Bachelor of Medical Radiation Science, Sydney University
- 2016 - Present, Slater and Gordon
- 2013 - 2016, Henry Davis York
- 2012, Curwoods Lawyers
- 2010 - 2012, GILD Insurance Litigation
- Doyles Guide 2020 - Medical Negligence Compensation Lawyer (Plaintiff) - New South Wales