Tara represents clients in their public liability claims. Her work involves seeking compensation for people who have been injured due to the negligence of another in a broad range of scenarios.
Tara enjoys the complexity and variety of this area of law but understands it can cause challenges for clients. She works hard to ensure her clients receive clear and thorough advice about the law and is proud to be a part of Slater and Gordon and its longstanding commitment to providing affordable access to expert legal services.
Having initially set out on a path towards social work, Tara was drawn to a career in law as a way to help others. With this approach to her legal career, she was attracted to Slater and Gordon from the outset.
Tara has also gained valuable experience assisting victims of motor vehicle accidents and applicants for superannuation disability benefits as a junior legal assistant and law clerk at Slater and Gordon before completing her law degree.
Tara is a member of the firm’s Pro Bono and Legal Profession Committee.
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- Admitted to Supreme Court of Victoria
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, College of Law
- Bachelor of Laws with First Class Honours, Melbourne University
- Top ranked student, Civil Litigation/Dispute Resolution, Melbourne University
- 2008 - Present, Slater and Gordon
- 2008 - 2010, St Vincent’s Hospital
- 2006 - 2008, Eastern Health and Eastern Access Community Health
- 2006 - 2007, Asylum Seeker Resource Centre
- 2005 - 2009, Shire of Yarra Ranges
- 2004 - 2008, Carers Victoria
Memberships and Associations
- Law Institute of Victoria
- LIV Professional Development Committee
- Speaker for Road Trauma Support Services Victoria
- Speaker for SANE Australia