Shweta Dey is a dedicated and diligent lawyer and legal graduate. Her work focuses primarily on individuals who have sustained psychological and physical injuries during the course of their employment. She currently specialises in Workers Compensation and Work Injury Damages claims. She has a comprehensive knowledge of the Workers Compensation system in New South Wales and applies that knowledge daily in her work.
Shweta is highly devoted to helping individuals who have sustained psychological injuries in the workplace as a consequence of bullying, harassment or trauma. She has extensive experience in assisting emergency services personnel such as former police officers, paramedics and firefighters. Shweta sources her motivation from her family members who were previously employed as a police officer and has witnessed how tough they work. Shweta is eager to ensure clients receive justice and compensation for their injuries.
Shweta aims to form strong relationships with her clients to ensure they feel supported and prioritised when undergoing their legal case. She wants to ensure that clients feel like and know that someone is in their corner, as she understands that at times the compensation process can feel quite lonely and confusing. Shweta takes the time to explain the legal processes to ensure clients fully understand and are aware of the next steps for their case.
Shweta has worked in a number of personal injury areas including:
- Workers Compensation;
- Work Injury Damages;
- Public Liability;
- Motor Vehicle Accident; and
- Total and Permanent Disability.
Shweta values honesty and kindness every step of the way, and clients will find that she approaches her cases with a high level of compassion and integrity.
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- Australian Practising Certificate (current)
- 2021 Admitted, Supreme Court of New South Wales
- 2021 Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, The College of Law
- 2021 Certificate of Legal Business Skills, The College of Law
- 2020 Bachelor of Laws, Macquarie University
- 2020 Bachelor of Arts (Criminology), Macquarie University
- 2020 – Present, Slater and Gordon Lawyers
Memberships and Associations
- Law Society of New South Wales