I am an Accredited Specialist in Personal Injury Law with a team-oriented client management focus. I have been practising in personal injury law exclusively for just over fifteen years and have experience across all areas of personal injury law.
Law to me is about a person’s entitlement to fairness, justice and an understanding of behaviour and society. I choose to practise law as it allows me to help people access avenues for redress and enables me to be a part of that journey.
I specialise and have practised in a number of personal injury areas, including:
- Public liability
- Medical negligence
- Motor accident compensation
- Work injury damages
- Workers compensation
- Product liability, and
- Institutional abuse.
My primary motivation in helping people to access their rights is to empower them throughout the legal process. Suffering an injury through no fault of one’s own can have unfortunate and sometimes devastating effects on people’s lives. The legal journey can be a stressful and emotional one.
My role is to assist clients navigate this process and achieve positive outcomes. I work best when I know my clients are comfortable and informed about the legal process, and I do everything I can to ensure you know where you stand.
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- Unrestricted Australian Practising Certificate (current)
- Legal Practice Management Course, The College of Law (2013)
- Admitted, High Court of Australia (2011)
- Accredited Specialist in Personal Injury Law - Plaintiff Medical Negligence (2010)
- Admitted, Supreme Court of New South Wales (2004)
- Graduate Certificate of Legal Practice, The College of Law (2004)
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Technology Sydney (2004)
- 2019 - Present, Slater and Gordon Lawyers
- 2014 - 2019, Brydens Lawyers
- 2013 - 2014, Artemis Legal
- 2006 - 2012, Maurice Blackburn Lawyers
- 2000 - 2006, Turner Freeman Lawyers
Memberships and Associations
- Law Society of New South Wales
- Law Society of the Australian Capital Territory
- Women Lawyer's Association of NSW
- Australian Lawyers Alliance
- Supreme Court of New South Wales – Common Law Civil Users Group (2014 – 2017)
- Member of Bankstown, Fairfield-Liverpool District and Parramatta District Regional Law Societies (2012 – 2014)
- Member, NSW Council for Civil Liberties (2013 – 2014)
- Member of the Litigation Law and Practice Group (2012)
- Member of the Law Society Supreme Court Professional Negligence List Sub-Committee (2012)
- Member, Sir Thomas More Society (2010 to 2013)
- Member, Young Lawyers Community Service Committee, Working Group Committee on the “Child Protection Forum 2002”, Law Society of NSW (March 2002 to 2004)