Drawn to Slater and Gordon's reputation for fighting for the rights of ordinary people, I joined the firm in 2005 and am now proud to be the Practice Group Leader for the Motor Vehicle Accidents team.
I’ve been practising law for more than 25 years and I count it a privilege to share my experience, knowledge, accessibility and commitment with my clients in the fight for justice for everyday Australians.
I have experience in motor vehicle accident claims but also work closely with the firm’s union clients on cases in industrial and employment law, discrimination law, criminal law and work health and safety law. I truly believe that unions are vital to preserving fairness in Australian society, so I work on increasing the effectiveness of unions and giving people who have been treated unfairly the chance to set things right.
I have a particular interest in social justice and reforming personal injury law. I’m on the Australian Capital Territory Law Society Council and have been active in Law Society working groups. Outside of work I’m on the boards of two Canberra charities.
I work for the union movement and its members and believe that unions are vital to preserving fairness in Australian society and maintaining the egalitarian nature of Australian culture.
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- Admitted, Supreme Court of New South Wales
- Diploma of Law, SAB
- Bachelor of Economics, Australian National University
- 2005 - Present, Slater and Gordon
- 1993 - 2005, Geoffrey Edwards and Co
- 1992 - 1993, Campbelltown Legal Centre
Memberships and Associations
- ACT Law Society
- Doyles Guide 2019 - Recommended Motor Vehicle Accident Compensation Lawyer (Plaintiff) - ACT.
- Doyles Guide 2019 - Recommended Work Injury Compensation Lawyer (Plaintiff) - ACT