I’m the Western Australia Practice Group Leader for Motor Vehicle Accidents and have more than 30 years’ experience in personal injury claims—not only for motor vehicle accidents but also for industrial and workers’ compensation, public liability and criminal injuries compensations.
I chose a career in law because I wanted to help people—rather than big businesses or companies—who may have difficulty interpreting the law or getting fair access to it. I had seen people being bullied by insurance companies or under financial pressure to close their claims and I wanted to do something about it.
My clients are often looking to have their treatment costs paid and to secure fast compensation for lost income, before getting a fair lump-sum payment. At other times, they just need to be heard or to understand why something has happened and what can be done to make things better.
I’ve had wins for many clients where the damages awarded range from tens of thousands to many millions of dollars though out-of-court resolution, pre-trial settlement negotiation or trial before judges in the District Court.
I’m proud to work for a law firm that fights hard for everyday Australians.
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- 1988 - Admitted, Supreme Court of Western Australia
- 1988 - Admitted, Supreme Court of Victoria
- 1981 - Bachelor of Laws, Monash University
- 1979 - Bachelor of Arts, Monash University
- 2013 - Present, Slater and Gordon
- 1987 - 2013, Gibson and Gibson Perth
- 1982 - 1986, Madden and CO
Memberships and Associations
- Law Society of Western Australia
- Australian Lawyers Alliance
- Doyle's Guide 2017 - Leading Work Injury Compensation Lawyer (Plaintiff) – Western Australia