Posted on 24 Jul. 2017
Seven Slater and Gordon lawyers from across the country have today been nominated as finalists for the Lawyers Weekly Australian Law Awards 2017.
Marko Eric (Victoria) has been nominated as Senior Associate of the Year, while Heather McKinnon (NSW), Melinda Griffiths (NSW), Martin Rogalski (Queensland) and Rebekah Lovely (Queensland) have been nominated for Regional/Suburban Lawyer of the Year.
Serina Dowding and Rebecca Lanza – both from Victoria – were also nominated for Legal Support Professional of the Year.
Out of our finalists:
- Marko Eric is based in Epping focusing on Motor Vehicle Accident Law.
- Heather McKinnon is based in Coffs Harbour specialising in Family Law.
- Melinda Griffiths is based in Wollongong focusing on Motor Vehicle Accident Law.
- Martin Rogalski is based in Townsville specialising in Asbestos/Dust Disease Law.
- Rebekah Lovely is based in Shailer Park working in Motor Vehicle Accident Law.
- Serina Dowding is based in Melbourne supporting the Motor Vehicle Accident Law team.
- Rebecca Lanza is based in Melbourne supporting the Workers Compensation Law team.
The award winners will be announced on Friday 1 September during a black tie ceremony at The Star, Sydney, with more than 700 people expected to attend.
Slater and Gordon Chief Executive Officer Australia Hayden Stephens congratulated all seven nominees on the achievement, citing hard work and a dedication to the firm’s values as key to their individual acknowledgements.
Mr Stephens said each day all Slater and Gordon staff contributed to the success of the firm, ensuring and furthering its strong reputation for putting the needs of its clients first.
“To have seven people nominated is an amazing testament to the work ethic and passion exhibited by everyone within our organisation,” Mr Stephens said.
“All seven have done everyone at Slater and Gordon extremely proud. We wish them all the best of luck on the night of the awards.”
The Australian Law Awards, now in their 17th year, recognise individual excellence in law – from the profession’s most senior ranks to its rising stars.
The awards also celebrate innovators in legal business that have challenged traditional models and found a better way to practice law.
Find out more about the awards here.