e-mail Ken Fowlie
Ken has extensive litigation experience particularly in claims for sufferers of asbestos related illness (including acting for the ACTU and asbestos support groups in negotiations with James Hardie) and large, multi-party group and representative actions.
Ken has taken a lead role in establishing Slater & Gordon’s presence in New South Wales. Until December 2009, Ken managed the significant growth of Slater & Gordon’s NSW team, the majority of whom joined the Group through the acquisition of smaller firms.
More recently, as General Manager of the Commercial and Project Litigation practice, Ken has had stewardship of the Group’s portfolio of high profile project litigation cases.
Ken brings to the Board a unique operational perspective in two of the Group’s key strategic areas. As a legal practitioner with over 16 years experience and qualifications and a strong interest in economics, Ken contributes skills in legal practice, legal practice management, risk management, financial analysis and financial reporting.
- Major litigation and class actions
- Financial services and products claims.
- Markets & securities claims
- Litigation funding
- Asbestos law
- since 1995 Slater & Gordon
Professional qualifications & admissions
- 1996 Admitted Supreme Court of New South Wales
- 1996 Admitted Supreme Court of Victoria
- 1996 Admitted High Court of Australia
- 1994 Bachelor of Laws, University of New South Wales
- 1994 Bachelor of Commerce, University of New South Wales
Memberships & associations
- Law Society of New South Wales
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Australian Institute of Company Directors