Andrew joined Slater & Gordon in 1994 and has worked as a litigator in most areas of the Company’s litigation practice. Andrew also spent three years in the then fledgling Sydney office between 1997 and 2000. Since he became Managing Director in 2000, the Group has enjoyed substantial growth, expanding from seven offices in 2002 to a network of more than 65 locations across Australia in 2012.
As Managing Director, Andrew has overseen the unprecedented and highly successful growth of the firm through strategic acquisitions, mergers and organic growth, and was the driving force behind the recent acquisition of UK based law firm Russell Jones & Walker.
Andrew’s more than 20 years’ experience as a legal practitioner has equipped him with very strong skills in the assessment and management of litigation risks. During his tenure as Managing Director, Andrew has developed skills in all facets of legal practice management.
Andrew served as the founding chair of the Youth Junction Inc., a not for profit youth charity operating in Sunshine, Victoria and remains a member of its voluntary board.
- Slater & Gordon, since 2000, managing director; 1996 partner; 1994 associate
Professional qualifications & admissions
- 1989 Admitted, Supreme Court of Victoria
- 1980 Bachelor of Laws, University of Melbourne
Memberships & associations
- Law Institute of Victoria (LIV)
- Law Society of New South Wales
- Law Society of Queensland
- Litigation Lawyers Executive Committee of LIV
- Australian Institute of Company Directors