Information on eligibility, how to enter and the prize are set out on in these Terms and Conditions (Terms).
1. The “Promoter” is Slater and Gordon Ltd (ABN 93 097 297 400) of 485 La Trobe Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000.
2. Participation in the Business Card Draw Competition (Promotion) is deemed acceptance of these Terms.
3. Eligibility: Entry is open to Australian residents over the age of eighteen (18) that attend the Thoracic Society of Australia and New Zealand (TSANZ) Occupational and Environmental Lung Disease Short Course Program at Pullman Hotel, Albert Park, Victoria on Saturday, 18 August (the Entrants). All entries of Entrants who are under the age of eighteen (18) and who enter the Promotion without disclosing their age or by attempting to conceal their age, will be deemed invalid.
4. Employees and directors of the Promoter and their immediate family members, retailers, suppliers, associated companies and agencies associated with the Promoter are ineligible to enter this Promotion. An immediate family member includes any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
5. Promotional Period: The Promotional Period, during which Entrants may enter the Promotion, commences at 9:00am AEDT on 18 August 2018 and ends at 6:00pm AEDT on 18 August 2018 (Promotional Period).
6. How to enter: To receive an entry into the draw, Entrants must place their business card or fill out an entry form with their business details and place it in the business card holder during the Promotional Period which will be administered by a representative of the Promoter.
7. Draw Date and venue: The draw will take place at the Promoter’s Melbourne office located at 485 La Trobe Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000 at 1:00pm AEST on 20 August 2018 (the Draw Date). The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in the order that they are drawn in case an invalid entry or ineligible Entrant is drawn.
8. Multiple entries: Only one (1) entry per Entrant is permitted. Multiple entries are strictly prohibited. Further entries by an Entrant will be deemed invalid.
9. Game of chance: As this Promotion is a game of chance, and subject otherwise to these Terms and Conditions, skill plays no part in determining the Winner and each valid entry will NOT be individually judged.
10. Prize: There will be one (1) Winner (the Winner) who will receive a Prize of one (1) $300 Good Food Gift Card which is valid for the time period as set out on the Prize (the Prize) and redeemable at participating restaurants as set out on the Good Food Gift Card website, available at: https://goodfoodgiftcard.com.au/Restaurants/Search. The Prize is non-transferrable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
11. Notification: The Winner will be notified by the Promoter by telephone and via email within two (2) business days of the Draw Date (the Notification Date).
12. Redemption Period: The Redemption Period, during which the Winner may claim the Prize, commences on the Notification Date and ends at 12:59pm AEST on 3 September 2018 (the Redemption Period).
13. Unclaimed Prize: If the Prize remains unclaimed by the Winner by 1:00pm AEST on 3 September 2018 a redraw will take place at 1:00pm AEST on 3 September 2018 at the Promoter’s Melbourne office located at 485 La Trobe Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000. The alternative Winner as a result of the redraw will be notified within two (2) business days of the redraw by the Promoter via telephone and email. The alternative Winner must claim the Prize by 12:59pm AEST, 17 September 2018 (the Second Redemption Period).
14. Subject to clause 13 and approval from a regulatory authority such as the Victorian Commission for Gambling and Liquor Regulation, if for any reason the Winner or alternate Winner, as the case may be, does not take/redeem the Prize by the time stipulated in these Terms, then the Prize (or that element of the Prize) will be forfeited.
15. Unavailable Prize: If the Prize is unavailable and the Promoter has used all reasonable efforts to arrange the Prize, the Promoter can, in its absolute discretion, reserve the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to any written directions from the regulatory authority.
16. Delivery: The Prize will be delivered to the Winner via post within 28 days of the Draw Date.
17. Publication: The name of the Winner will be published on the Promoter’s website located at
https://www.slatergordon.com.au/tsanz-short-course-terms in two (2) business days of the Draw Date. In the event of a redraw, the name of the alternative Winner will be published on the Promoter’s website on 5 September 2018.
18. Publicity: Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a Winner (including a photograph, film and/or recording) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Promotion (including any outcome) and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
19. Reservation of rights: The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and Entrants (including an Entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any Entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
20. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an Entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the Entrant.
21. Entrants are responsible for any and all expenses incurred when entering the Promotion and accessing, claiming and/or using the Prize (unless otherwise stated in these Terms).
22. Force Majeure: If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any Entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion, as appropriate.
23. Legal: Nothing in these Terms limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (Non-Excludable Guarantees).
24. Exclusion of liability: Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including in negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any tax liability incurred by a winner or Entrant; (e) taking and/or use of the prize; or (f) the Promotion.
25. Legal warning: Any attempt, deliberate or otherwise, to cause malicious damage or interference with the normal functioning of the Promoter’s website, or the information on the website, or to otherwise undermine the legitimate operation of this Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and, should such an attempt be made, whether successful or not, the Promoter reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. If the Promoter suffers loss or incurs any costs in connection with any breach of these Terms or any other legal obligation by an Entrant, the Entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter for those losses, damages and costs. As a condition of accepting the Prize, the Winner must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form. Each winning Entrant acknowledges that there is inherent risk of injury in the redemption of the Prize and voluntarily accepts that risk by electing to participate.
27. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the Promotion and may, for the above purposes, disclose such personal information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, prize suppliers and as required, to regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this information. Entrants should direct any request to opt out, access, update or correct information to the Promoter. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
28. General: Unless the contrary intention appears, a reference in these Terms or in any advertisement relating to this Promotion, to Australian dollars, dollars, AUD$ or $ is a reference to the lawful currency of Australia.
29. Jurisdiction: These Terms are governed by the laws of Victoria and the Commonwealth of Australia. Entrants submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria.
30. Last Update: 17 August 2018