Terms and conditions
1. Information on how to enter and the prize form part of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
3. Entry is open to Queensland residents over the age of 18 that attend the 2017 Labour Day Family Fun Day at RNA showgrounds on 1 May 2017 and complete an entry form on the day.
4. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or 1st cousin.
5. The promotion commences at 10:00am AEDST on 1/05/2016 and ends at 5:00pm AEST on 1/05/2016 (“Promotional Period”).
6. To receive an entry into the draw, entrants must throw the ball successfully through the target and score 50 points within three (3) attempts and then complete an online entry form via an iPad supplied by the Promoter
7. Only one entry per person is permitted.
8. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
9. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant.
10. The draw will take place at the Promoter’s office located at 192 Ann Street, Brisbane QLD 4000 at 3:00pm 2/05/2016. The Promoter may draw additional reserve entries and record them in order in case an invalid entry or ineligible entrant is drawn. There will be one (1) major prize winner and five (5) runner up prize winners.
11. The winners will be notified by telephone and shall be sent a confirmation email within two (2) business days of the draw. The prizes will then be sent to the winners at a nominated address by courier with signature on delivery. The Promoter takes no responsibility for the prize that is damaged or lost in transit and will not be responsible for any delay in delivery or failure of safe delivery of prizes.
12. If any prize is unclaimed a redraw will take place on 8/05/16 at the Promoter’s office located at 192 Ann Street Brisbane QLD 4000 at 3.00 pm. The alternate winner will be notified by telephone and shall be sent a confirmation email within two (2) business days of the draw.
13. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. Subject to the unclaimed prize draw clause, if for any reason the winner or alternate winner as the case may be does not take/redeem the prize by the time stipulated by the Promoter, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited.
15. The major prize is 10 general admission tickets at the Brisbane Broncos VS Melbourne Storm game on 30 June 2017 at Suncorp Stadium, a Broncos jersey and Broncos supporter pack.
16. Five (5) runner up prize winners will receive a double pass to the Brisbane Broncos VS West Tigers game on 19 May 2017 at Suncorp Stadium. Double passes are valued at $63.20 each.
17. The names of the prize winners will be published no later than 19 May 2016 on the Slater and Gordon website at the following link www.slatergordon.com.au/competition
18. Entrants consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
19. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
20. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”).
21. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; (e) taking and/or use of the prize; or (f) the promotion.
22. As a condition of accepting the prize, the winner must sign any legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.
23. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the promotion and may, for the above purposes, disclose such personal information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, prize suppliers and as required, to regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this information. Entrants should direct any request to opt out, access, update or correct information to the Promoter. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
24. The “Promoter” is Slater and Gordon Ltd (ABN 93 097 297 400) of 192 Ann Street, Brisbane 4000, telephone (07) 3331 9100.