Stephen Plunkett approaches his legal practice in personal injuries and asbestos armed with a good deal of tenacity, strong negotiation skills and an ability to rapidly ascertain the important issues of a case.
He is dedicated to the task of helping those who need it most and achieving results on behalf of his clients, many of whom are terminally ill or suffering serious breathing or other injuries as a result of exposure to asbestos.
Empathetic, direct, results driven and approachable, Stephen is acknowledged by his clients for the results he secures and the speed with which their cases are resolved.
Stephen was involved with the first successful common law asbestos claim. He has also run many other test cases for Asbestos victims. This has resulted in paving the way for the thousands of people suffering from asbestos exposure, to obtain fair compensation for their injuries.
Stephen has also been involved with many class actions including the Wittenoom asbestos litigation, breast implant class actions and the HIV blood contamination cases.
The practise of the law can be a thoroughly fulfilling and rewarding occupation but requires hard work and dedication to your clients
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- 1996 - Completed Course in Mediation including dispute management theory and conflict resolution
- 1993 - Accredited Specialist in Personal Injury Law, Law Institute of Victoria
- 1989 - Admitted, Supreme Court of Western Australia
- 1989 - Admitted, Supreme Court of New South Wales
- 1981 - Admitted, Supreme Court of Victoria
- 1981 - Admitted, High Court of Australia
- 1980 - Bachelor of Laws, Monash University
- 1980 - Bachelor of Jurisprudence, Monash University
- 1982 - present Slater and Gordon
- 1980-1981 Molomby and Molomby
- 1980 Geoffrey R Gronow
Memberships and Associations
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Australian Lawyers Alliance
- Asbestos Council of Victoria
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- Gippsland Asbestos Related Support Group
- Melbourne Cricket Club
- RACV Club
- Doyles Guide 2019 - Recommended Asbestos and Dust Diseases Compensation Lawyer (Plaintiff) - Victoria