I’ve been Practice Group Leader at Slater and Gordon since 2008, working on compulsory acquisition and planning claims. I give expert legal help to people and businesses whose land is being compulsorily acquired (or is proposed to be acquired) by a government agency or department.
During more than 50 years of practice, I’ve helped property owners affected by multiple major infrastructure projects, particularly in Victoria. As an accredited specialist in local government, environment and planning law, my expertise spans:
• Local government
• Town planning
• Compulsory acquisition
• Commercial transactions
I’ve represented many residents and business owners in claims against planning authorities and government departments, dealing with all aspects of the compensation scheme and the rights and protections offered by compulsory acquisition laws.
Law is a fascinating profession and it gives me great satisfaction to be able to steer clients through troubling times. It’s rewarding to be acting for third-generation clients and knowing that my advice has been valuable to people.
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- Mediation specialist
- Accredited Specialist Environmental, Planning and Local Government Law
- Admitted, Supreme Court of Victoria
- Melbourne University, Bachelor of Laws (Hons)
- Melbourne University, Bachelor of Arts
- 2008 - Present, Slater and Gordon
- 1973 - 2008, Secombs
Memberships and Associations
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Specialisation Board, Law Institute of Victoria