My career in law has spanned nearly 40 years. As Special Counsel in Slater and Gordon’s personal injury compensation team, I’m driven by strong ethics and a desire to contribute positively to individuals, families and communities.
I specialise in personal injury law, which means I help people who have been injured through no fault of their own get access to the financial and medical support the need and deserve. I work hard to improve their situations and get them access to their full entitlements.
Maintaining clear communication with my clients is important to me. I ensure they know I genuinely care about their situation, supporting them through the claims process as I work to get them the best possible outcome.
I have successfully represented many catastrophically injured clients during my long career, and have also run a number of landmark cases, including:
• a motor vehicle accident claims case that led to legislative change and also resulted in a large damages sum of $3.4 million.
• a case in the Dust Diseases Tribunal, which resulted in one of the largest damages awards at the time and involved an asthma condition contracted in the course of employment.
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- 2005 - Admitted, Supreme Court of Queensland
- 1997 - Admitted, Supreme Court of Australian Capital Territory
- 1986 - Master of Laws, Sydney University
- 1984 - Accredited Specialist in Personal Injury Law, Law Society of New South Wales
- 1981 - Admitted, Supreme Court of New South Wales
- 1981 - Bachelor of Legal Studies, Macquarie University
- 2012 - Present, Slater and Gordon
- 2002 - 2012, Bussoletti Lawyers
- 1986 - 2002, Daly Bussoletti and Co
- 1981 - 1986, Boyd House and Partners
Memberships and Associations
- Law Society of New South Wales