I began my legal career after 13 years as a Detective with the New South Wales Police Force. Motivated by a sense of fairness and justice, it seemed natural for me to shift from protecting victims of crime, to protecting the legal rights and entitlements of those who have suffered at work, in motor vehicle accidents or through the negligence of others.
My law enforcement background gives me insight and understanding when representing emergency services workers whose lives have been threatened in the line of duty. I have proudly acted for a number of NSW police officers, Ambulance Officer’s and Fire Fighters with work-related injuries.
Having worked in Dubbo as a lawyer for the past 15 years I have also gained substantial experience in farming and industrial type accidents, which include cross jurisdictional claims involving tractors, forklifts, quad bikes, other plant and equipment.
Now as Practice Group Leader for Slater and Gordon's North Western Region, my specialities include:
- Cross jurisdictional claims in Workers Compensation, Motor Vehicle Accident and Public Liability
- Injured workers compensation claims
- Emergency and mine workers' compensation
- Public road motor vehicle accident claims
- Public and product liability claims
- General compensation and personal injury claims
- Mediation and settlement negotiations
- Court appearances and Trials.
Getting justice for my clients is what motivates me. Recently, I represented an injured miner who had to fight his employer and workers' compensation insurer all the way to a court hearing. In a great victory, the insurer on the steps of the Court tripled their initial offer resulting in a million dollar settlement.
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- Accredited Specialist in Personal Injury, Law New South Wales Law Society
- Mediation Certificate
- Admitted, the High Court of Australia
- Admitted, Supreme Court of New South Wales
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice
- Diploma of Law, University of Sydney
- 2010 - Present, Slater and Gordon
- 2003 – 2010, Adams Leyland Lawyers
- 1998 – 2003, Bale Boshev Lawyers
- 1985 – 1998, New South Wales Police Force
Memberships and Associations
- New South Wales Law Society
- Australian Lawyers Alliance
- Retired Police Association Member
- Doyles Guide 2019 - Recommended Motor Vehicle Accident Compensation Lawyer (Plaintiff) - New South Wales