I began my legal career after 13 years as a Detective with the New South Wales Police Force. Motivated by a sense of fairness and justice, it seemed natural for me to shift from criminal prosecutions to protecting the legal rights and entitlements of those who have suffered at work, in motor vehicle accidents or through the negligence of others.
My law enforcement background gives me insight and understanding when representing emergency services workers whose lives have been threatened in the line of duty, and I've proudly acted for a number of NSW police officers with work-related injuries.
Now as Practice Group Leader for Slater and Gordon's North Western Region, my specialties include:
• Workers', police and mine workers' compensation
• General compensation and personal injury claims
• Mediation and settlement negotiations.
Getting justice for my clients is what motivates me. I once represented an injured worker who had to fight the employer and workers' compensation insurer all the way to court. In a great victory, the insurer ended up tripling their initial offer after the case was set down for hearing.
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- Accredited Specialist in Personal Injury, Law New South Wales Law Society
- Mediation Certificate
- Admitted, the High Court of Australia
- Admitted, Supreme Court of New South Wales
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice
- Diploma of Law, University of Sydney
- 2010 - Present, Slater and Gordon
- 2003 – 2010, Adams Leyland Lawyers
- 1998 – 2003, Bale Boshev Lawyers
- 1985 – 1998, New South Wales Police Force
Memberships and Associations
- New South Wales Law Society
- Australian Lawyers Alliance
- Retired Police Association Member