I have been practising as a lawyer for 25 years, primarily in Sydney, and recently I worked in Darwin for about 5 years. My main area of practice and interest is in medical law and cases that require understanding and application of technical, scientific and medical knowledge and expert evidence.
Over 25 years, some of those working as a sole practitioner, I have worked on matters in every Australian jurisdiction and have gained a wide range of experience in various areas of legal practice, such as;
I get immense satisfaction from turning situations of conflict and dispute into a positive outcome for my clients. I like being able to make a difference in people’s lives, especially those who might feel overwhelmed by the legal process.
I aim to communicate in plain terms and impart knowledge to my clients so they are best placed to make informed decisions about resolving their cases. I truly enjoy meeting my clients - I spend as much time with them as they need to feel comfortable with their case.
In my spare time, I pursue my interests in literature, popular science, history (particularly the US Civil War at the moment) and adventure travel - such as climbing, hiking and long distance bicycle touring. In 2018 I spent two months cycling between Wollongong and Adelaide.
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- Admitted, High Court of Australia
- Admitted, Supreme Court of Victoria
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Arts
- 2018 - Present, Slater and Gordon
- 2012 - 2018, Special Counsel, Ward Keller Darwin
- 2006 - 2012, Niall Connolly Lawyers
- 1998 - 2006, Cashman and Partners/Maurice Blackburn Cashman Lawyers
- 1996 - 1998, McClellands Solicitors
Memberships and Associations
- Law Society of New South Wales
- Australian Lawyers Alliance