Accredited by the Law Institute of Victoria in personal injury law, I’m proud to bring a strong voice to the cause of injured people.
I started work at Slater and Gordon in 1985. Early on, I had a great opportunity to work with the former Senior Partner in industrial personal injuries cases. After a break to have my family and work in other roles, I returned to law at Slater and Gordon, where I’m now a Senior Associate specialising in:
• Asbestos litigation
• Public liability
• Class actions.
It’s very important to me that my clients—and often their families—are aware of the legal and financial issues in the case and that we work as a team. Getting a win for my client won’t necessarily return their good health or take away the pain they’ve suffered but it will make their life easier and bring them justice.
One of my proudest achievements is a win of over $1 million for the wife of a client who’d died of mesothelioma. I’ve also won tens of thousands of dollars for victims of sexual abuse. The value of the outcome to the client is why I love my work.
My empathy and no nonsense attitude are my key strengths.
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- Accredited Specialist in Personal Injury Law, Law Institute of Victoria
- Admitted, High Court of Australia
- Admitted, Supreme Court of Victoria
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Melbourne
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons), University of Melbourne
- 2008 - Present, Slater and Gordon
- 2006-2007, Victoria Law Foundation
- 2005, Volunteering Australia
- 2003-2005, Victoria Law Foundation
- 2003, Jesuit Social Services
- 1997-2002, Australian Banking Industry Ombudsman
- 1985-1990, Slater and Gordon
- 1984, Herbert Geer and Rundle
Memberships and Associations
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Australian Lawyers Alliance
- Slater and Gordon Pro Bono Committee