Personal injury law is my passion and achieving just outcomes for injured workers is my driving force. I have worked in the industry since 2008 and am accredited by the Law Institute of Victoria as a specialist in the field of personal injury law.
People don’t come to lawyers when things are going well—an injury can affect all aspects of a person’s social, domestic and work life and it can be a difficult, harrowing time. I try to relieve some of that pressure, so that the legal process doesn’t add to a client’s stress.
My approach is direct, honest and down to earth. As your lawyer, I will make sure you know what to expect throughout your case, give you the support you may need, and I will fight to get you the best result for your compensation entitlements.
Cases I am regularly involved with include:
• Weekly payment compensation disputes
• Permanent impairment lump sum claims
• Serious injury applications
• Common law damages claims
One achievement I’m most proud of is obtaining a $1.2 million settlement for a client who suffered debilitating injuries following an industrial accident. The case involved numerous negligent parties. My team fought hard, didn’t give up and achieved a fantastic outcome.
A successful outcome for me is not just about maximising my clients’ compensation entitlements, but also ensuring they emerge from the legal process with their pride intact.
Professional qualifications and admissions
- 2017 - Accredited Specialist in Personal Injury Law, Law Institute of Victoria
- 2009 - Admitted, Supreme Court of Victoria
- 2009 - Admitted, High Court of Australia
- 2008 - Bachelor of Laws (Honours), University of Melbourne
- 2008 - Bachelor of Arts (Media and Communications), University of Melbourne
- 2011 - Present, Slater and Gordon
- 2009 - 2011, Ryan Carlisle Thomas
Memberships and associations
- Law Institute of Victoria