Laura began her legal career in 2017 as a Paralegal in Slater and Gordon’s Class Actions team, working primarily on the Manus Island Class Action. The settlement of this case has been recognised as the largest human rights settlement in Australian legal history. Working closely to assist in the distribution of this settlement amongst Manus Island detainees allowed Laura to pursue her passion for social justice and human rights.
Since being admitted to practice in 2018, Laura has continued to work on class actions, focusing on the investigation of potential new class actions. She is currently working on investigating prospective claims regarding property damage and pharmaceutical products.
Laura is very proud to work at a firm that has such a strong history of fighting for the rights of Australians and prides herself on promoting access to justice for all members of the community.
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- 2018 - Admitted, High Court of Australia
- 2018 - Admitted, Supreme Court of Victoria
- 2018 - Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, College of Law
- 2017 - Bachelor of Laws (Honours), La Trobe University
- 2017 - Present, Slater and Gordon
Memberships and Associations
- Law Institute of Victoria