I pursued a career in law to affect positive social change and ensure fairness in our community. I am passionate about Industrial and Employment law because I believe that everyone is better off when they are respected and valued at work.
Prior to working at Slater and Gordon, I was a primary school teacher. I also worked at the Young Workers Centre, which is a Community Legal Centre that provides employment advice free of charge. At the Young Workers Centre, I gained valuable experience in wage theft matters and am particularly experienced in this field.
I am also an experienced legal policy adviser having worked with the Victorian Government on occupational health and safety and industrial relations reforms including Workplace Manslaughter and Victoria's landmark Wage Theft laws and Gendered Violence.
I can assist individuals with:
- Wage Theft and other entitlement disputes
- Workplace investigations and disciplinary matters
- Complaints of workplace discrimination including sexual harrassment and disability discrimination
- Unfair dismissal
- Negotiated exits
- Licencing and Registration disputes
When working with clients to resolve their issues, I take a careful approach and take the time to develop a complete understanding of the issue. I am conscious of resolving matters in a cost-effective manner and enjoy the benefit of working alongside a team of highly experienced litigators.
I am particularly passionate about workplace discrimination and ensure my clients can receive advice in a safe and respectful space.
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- Juris Doctor, The University of Melbourne
- Bachelor of Education - Primary (Honours), The University of Melbourne
- 2020 - Present Slater and Gordon
- 2019 - 2020 Senior Adviser to the Hon. Jill Hennessey MP, Attorney General and Minister for Workplace Safety.
- 2018 - 2019 Slater and Gordon
- 2016 - 2017 Victorian Trades Hall Council - Young Workers Centre
Memberships and Associations
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Victorian Women's Lawyers
- Industrial Relations Society of Victoria
- Australian Lawyers Alliance
Awards and Nominations
- 2021- Doyle's Guide - Employment & WHS Rising Stars – Australia
- 2020- Doyle's Guide - Employment & WHS Rising Stars – Australia