I started my career in law almost 30 years ago, working in a small regional town as a legal typist. It was during this early experience working in a law firm that I developed a desire to help people access justice and exercise their legal rights, and I became keen to study law myself so I could make a difference.
I put myself through university whilst working full-time and was admitted to the Supreme Court of Queensland in 1999.
I have practised predominantly in Compensation Law for over 20 years now and could not imagine doing anything else.
Assisting my clients achieve a fair and just outcome during what can sometimes be a very difficult time in their lives is very rewarding.
I strive to give the best possible advice and guidance to my clients, by being honest, considerate and ensuring that they understand the legal process.
I ensure I get to know my client - not just what’s happened to them, but what’s important to them.
I recognise that each client is unique in their own way and I strive to keep them informed at all times, so they feel valued and supported throughout their claim.
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- Admitted, Supreme Court of Queensland, 1999
- Admitted, Federal Court of Australia, 1999.
- Bachelor of Laws, Bond University, 1999.
- Bachelor of Arts, Deakin University, 1999.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Trial Advocacy, Advocacy Institute of Australia.
- Currently undertaking Masters of Business Administration.
- Feb 2020 – Slater & Gordon Lawyers
- 2009 to 2020 – Shine Lawyers
- Casual Lecturer – Torts Law, University of Southern Queensland.
Memberships and Associations
- Women Lawyers Association of Queensland, Regional Ambassador for Toowoomba and Darling Downs.
- Queensland Law Society
- Australian Lawyers Alliance
- Downs & South West Law Association
- Darling Downs Women in Business.