I am a Principal Lawyer in the Medical Law Team at Slater and Gordon Lawyers.
I have more than 25 years experience assisting injured people and their families to recover fair and reasonable compensation for injuries arising from negligent medical treatment, dental treatment, and hospital treatment.
I have significant experience in claims arising from birth injury, in representing catastrophically injured people and their families, and in personal injury claims involving complex issues of liability and damages.
I have represented families at coronial inquests in the Coroner’s Court of Western Australia, and I have pursued claims on behalf of injured people in the District Court and Supreme Court of Western Australia and in the High Court of Australia.
I am passionate about the pursuit of personal injury law and I am well known in the Western Australian legal profession for my tenacity, diligence, and attention to detail.
To progress claims expeditiously and efficiently, and to enhance client communication, I make extensive use of legal technology.
I have appeared on various radio talk-back programs and television programs explaining various aspects of the law of negligence and I am a regular presenter at legal professional development seminars and other legal training events in Western Australia.
I head up the medical law team in Western Australia and I look forward to assisting injured people and their families with personal injury claims.
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- Bachelor of Jurisprudence
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Applied Science
- 2019 - Present, Slater and Gordon
- 2005 - 2019, Friedman Lurie Singh & D'Angelo
- 2000 - 2005, Ilberys Lawyers
- 1991 - 2000, Hoffman Lawyers
Memberships and Associations
- The Law Society of Western Australia
- The Australian Lawyers Alliance
- American Association of Justice
- Doyles Guide 2020 - Recommended Medical Negligence Compensation Lawyer (Plaintiff) - Western Australia
- Doyles Guide 2019 - Recommended Medical Negligence Compensation Lawyer (Plaintiff) - Western Australia
- Doyles Guide 2017 – Recommended Medical Negligence Lawyer (Plaintiff) - Western Australia
Experienced in the following areas
- Birth injury
- Catastrophic injury
- Clinical negligence
- Emergency department errors
- Medical misdiagnosis
- Medical negligence
- Medication errors
- Personal Injury litigation claims
- Professional negligence
- Surgical errors
- Common law civil claims
- Common law claims
- Common law damages claims
- Common law negligence claims
- Settlement negotiations
- Catastrophic and major injury claims
- Complex injury litigation claims
- Personal injury claims for children and adolescents
- Personal injury litigation claims
- Serious injury claims
- Traumatic brain injury claims
- Death and dependency claims
- Wrongful Death & Dependency Claims
- Negligence claims