As a successful litigator with more than 18 years’ experience exclusively in motor vehicle accidents, I know how crucial it is to have the right legal support when you are going through a claims process. Dealing with injury and the aftermath of a motor vehicle accident is hard enough, which is why I’m passionate about ensuring my clients get access to their full entitlements.
With my wealth of knowledge and experience gained across suburban and rural Victoria, I bring a committed and friendly approach to every interaction, ensuring my clients feel respected and supported throughout the claims process. I place great importance on communication and keep my clients informed and up-to-date throughout their case.
I’m committed to getting justice for my clients and have successfully litigated a number of difficult cases, including winning a jury trial before the Supreme Court of Victoria, which many other lawyers thought was ‘unwinnable’.
Underpinning every successful outcome is the fact that I genuinely care about my clients and their situation, and I’m proud to lead and work with a dynamic, results-oriented team who handle all cases with skill, care and commitment.
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- 1999, Bachelor of Laws (LLB), Monash University
- 2014 - Present, Slater and Gordon
- 2011 – 2014 Nowicki Carbone
- 2001 – 2011 Slater and Gordon
- 2000 – 2001 Rennicks Gippsland
Memberships and Associations
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Law Institute of Victoria – Transport Accident Committee
- VCAT TAC User Group
- Don was shortlisted as a finalist in the Suburban Lawyer of the Year category for the 15th Victorian Legal Awards
- Doyle’s Guides - leading Plaintiff-focused Victorian Motor Vehicle Accident Compensation Lawyer 2016
- Assisted several victims of the train accident in Kerang (5 June 2007) to receive damages. Given the circumstances of the accident, it was a very emotional roller coaster for the victims.
- Have been successful in a number of court of Appeal cases which help define the definition of “serious injury” in transport accident cases in Victoria
- Was involved in litigating a Victorian Supreme Court test case on the definition of ‘duty of care’ in 2016