My job as a Principal Lawyer in the Asbestos group at Slater and Gordon is to help victims of occupational disease get the fair compensation they deserve. My passion is fighting for people who can’t fight for themselves.
My experience covers both the legal and health sectors. I’ve supported many clients throughout complex cases of respiratory disease and occupational dust-borne illness.
I joined Slater and Gordon in 2001 to work on the breast implant class action, before joining the Asbestos group in 2002 on the "wharfie widows" project. During this time, I travelled around Australia visiting and advising very sick clients and working as part of the team that developed a procedure for faster, smoother claim resolution.
In 2005 I started work on asbestos cancer cases before moving in 2008 to develop my skills in non-cancer mixed respiratory diseases. In these tragic, difficult cases I bring patience, persistence and solid expertise to help my clients succeed.
I have also worked with unions, the Trades Hall and respiratory doctors, and have lobbied politicians to raise awareness of occupational dust diseases and improve health outcomes for vulnerable workers.
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Laws
- 2001 - Present, Slater and Gordon
- 2000 - 2001, Garfield Robbins International
- 1999 - 2000, Corrs Chambers Westgarth
Memberships and Associations
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Doyles Guide 2021 - Recommended Asbestos & Dust Diseases Compensation Lawyer (Plaintiff) - Victoria
- Doyles Guide 2020 - Recommended Asbestos and Dust Diseases Compensation Lawyer (Plaintiff) - Victoria