Following the settlement of the thalidomide litigation, Caitlin joined Slater and Gordon’s Personal Injuries division, working with the Superannuation and Disability Insurance team for a number of years, before taking up a Graduate position in the firm’s Class Actions department in 2016.
After being admitted to practice in May 2017, Caitlin now specialises in class actions, particularly shareholder litigation, general commercial litigation and consumer law, having worked on a range of securities class actions, including claims against Bellamy’s Australia Limited, Australian Executor Trustees Ltd, Murray Goulburn, Spotless Ltd, and Brambles Ltd among others.
Caitlin has extensive experience conducting detailed pre-litigation investigations, including defective consumer goods and potential shareholder claims.
In addition, Caitlin has been heavily involved in researching and developing submissions in relation to law reform issues concerning the Australian Consumer Law, class actions and litigation funding in Australia.
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Arts
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice
- Admitted to Practice in the Supreme Court of Victoria and the High Court of Australia
- 2013 - present, Slater and Gordon
- 2010 - 2013, Gordon Legal
Memberships and Associations
- Director - Law Institute of Victoria
- Member - Victorian Women Lawyers
- Member and Council Liaison - Litigation Lawyers Committee, Law Institute of Victoria
- LIV Liaison - Geelong Law Association
- LIV Liaison - Western District Law Association