I got in to law to make a difference—to fight for people’s right to dignity and a fair go. As a Principal Lawyer in Slater and Gordon’s industrial and employment law team, I’m proud to draw on 20 years of experience to help my clients seek justice.
In my long career, I have helped working people across all levels and industries with issues such as wage recovery, unfair dismissal, anti-discrimination, anti-bullying, disciplinary proceedings and sexual harassment. My clients include employees in the public sector, finance, health, transport and logistics and the mining industry.
My broad experience gives me a unique insight into how to best approach your case and means I am able to understand, and empathise with, your situation. I bring my extensive knowledge and expertise to every case to get you the best possible result.
Some achievements I am proud of include:
• Reinstatement of a coal mine worker dismissed for a breach of safety
• Payment of unpaid wages to a truck driver who was underpaid for a number of years and then terminated after suffering an injury at work.
My expertise and abilities were recognised when I was named Recommended Queensland Employment Lawyer for 2017 and 2018 in the Doyle’s Guide.
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- 1999 - Diploma of Legal Practice, College of Law Sydney
- 1997 - Bachelor of Laws (Honours), University of Queensland
- 1994 - Bachelor of Arts (Honours), University of Queensland
- 2008 - Present, Slater and Gordon
Memberships and Associations
- Queensland Law Society
- Industrial Relations Society of Queensland
- Obtaining orders from the Federal Circuit Court for the payment of annual leave, long service leave and redundancy pay for three dismissed textile and clothing workers
- Negotiating payment of unpaid wages a truck driver after commencing proceedings in the Federal Circuit Court, who was underpaid for a number of years and then terminated after suffering an injury at work
- Defending allegations made by the Registered Organisations Commission against union officials
- Conducting a constitutional challenge to legislation introduced by the Newman Government in the Queensland Court of Appeal