I decided to get into the law after working in Human Resources for many years. At the time, I was dealing with basic employment law issues which I really enjoyed, so I decided to take the plunge and study law.
My previous Human Resources experience gives me a good foundation in understanding the practicalities and challenges faced by employees in the current employment environment.
When an employee is mistreated in a workplace, I am driven to achieve justice and a positive outcome for them. Unfortunately, not all employers do the right thing, I am here to be your voice and to get what you deserve.
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- Admitted, High Court of Australia
- Admitted, Supreme Court of Western Australia
- Diploma of Legal Practice, College of Law Perth
- Juris Doctor, Murdoch University
- Bachelor of Commerce, Murdoch University
- 2020 – Present, Slater and Gordon
- 2003 – 2020, various Human Resources related positions within the mining, construction and oil & gas sectors, across Western Australia.
Memberships and Associations
- Australian Services Union
- Law Society of Western Australia
Experienced in the following areas
- Employment law
- General protections
- Industrial action
- Industrial Disputes
- Industrial law
- Public sector employment
- Union and industrial rights
- Workplace investigations
- Human rights and equal opportunity
- Termination of employment
- Unfair dismissal
- Wrongful dismissal
- Employment contract disputes
- Entitlement disputes
- Underpayment of employees
Feedback from our clients
Aleks Ceklic and the slater & Gordon Team were absoulatly fantastic and took the stress away from me an my family during a very stressful period i highly recommend slater & gordon to anyone seeking a legal professional Team. 5 star rating to slater & gordon.
Recently I required legal assistance for a dispute with a Western Australian Government Department. I found that the team at Slater and Gordon ( especially Aleks ) to be totally professional, extremely supportive, and managed to keep me informed in all aspects of the process which resulted in a very favourable result.
I was extremely happy with Slater and Gordon’s professional help with my case. Aleks informed me of options that I didn’t even know I had. He was professional, understanding and completely supportive, I had the best outcome I could have hoped for and he put in the “hard yards” to get it. Kim his legal assistant was very helpful and handled the correspondence with professionalism and confidentiality. I couldn’t fault their work.
Aleks represented my workplace law dispute, engaging with my employer on my behalf for an excellent result for myself and my family. Cannot recommend any higher 👍👍