Adrian is an Associate at Slater and Gordon and a Law Institute of Victoria Accredited Specialist in Environmental, Planning and Local Government Law.
Adrian’s practice centres around helping property and business owners through compulsory acquisition matters. He has also acted for and advised individuals, unions, political parties and other not-for-profits in relation to a broad range of issues including governance matters and property disputes.
As an LIV Accredited Specialist, Adrian brings particular expertise to his role in assisting homeowners, investors, developers, companies and businesses through the compulsory acquisition process and ensuring that they receive the compensation they are entitled to. Adrian has experience acting for clients affected by compulsory acquisitions all across Australia.
Adrian’s recent experience includes:
- Acting for hundreds of property owners, both residential and commercial, affected by underground acquisitions for tunnels in Melbourne;
- Assisting a range of different businesses relocate as a result of a compulsory acquisition, from small CBD restaurants to a complex enterprises in highly regulated areas such as education and aviation;
- Successfully resolving claims on behalf of property owners in outer-suburban growth areas affected by compulsory acquisition whose land had been significantly undervalued by the Acquiring Authority
Adrian prides himself on providing expert legal advice with care and compassion, acknowledging that the compulsory acquisition process can be very daunting and stressful for anyone affected by it. He is able to strategically guide his clients through the process and achieve the best outcome for them based on their individual circumstances. He is experienced in gathering a wide range of expert advice to support and strengthen his clients’ claims.
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- 2014 - Admitted, Supreme Court of Victoria
- 2013 - Bachelor of Laws, La Trobe University
- 2013 - Bachelor of International Relations, La Trobe University
- 2020 – Accredited Specialist in Environmental, Planning and Local Government Law, Law Institute of Victoria
- 2012 - Present, Slater and Gordon
Memberships and Associations
- Law Institute of Victoria
- La Trobe University Student Union