Please select your location to view information that is specific to you.
Workers Compensation, Lawyer
Yi-Chuan Chen helps his clients access compensation where they have suffered injuries in transport accidents or work accidents. People injured in these circumstances can access a variety of benefits including medical treatment, rehabilitation services, loss of earnings payments and lump sum compensation.
Yi-Chuan takes pride in being approachable, knowledgeable and dedicated. He advises clients in plain language about how to navigate their way through the legal system. Yi-Chuan's aim is not only to gain clients the benefits that they are entitled to, but also to give them peace of mind when dealing with the TAC, WorkCover or other parties.
- Common law damages claims against an employer, the TAC, VicRoads or other parties
- Lump sum payments for permanent impairment
- Disputes with TAC/WorkCover about medical expenses or weekly payments
- Return to work and retraining issues
- Since 2012, Slater and Gordon (lawyer)
- 2008 – 2011 Slater and Gordon (new client services / graduate clerk)
- 2010 Social Security Rights Victoria (volunteer)
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- 2012 Admitted, Supreme Court of Victoria
- 2011 Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice
- 2010 Bachelor of Laws (Honours), University of Melbourne
- 2010 Bachelor of Arts, University of Melbourne
Memberships and Associations
- Law Institute of Victoria
- Australian Services Union
Yi-Chuan was born in Hunan, China, and migrated to Australia with his family at the age of three. Yi-Chuan still visits his relatives in China regularly and speaks fluent Mandarin.