Medical Law, Senior Associate
Yevgeny is a Senior Associate specialising in Medical Negligence Law. His extensive experience in the field spans a variety of medical settings and he has conducted matters ranging from the small to complex multi-million dollar claims.
Yevgeny was a Defendant’s Medical Negligence Lawyer representing insurance companies for six years before joining Slater and Gordon. He is one of the very few medical negligence lawyers who has worked on both sides (Defendant and Plaintiff). Having experienced working as a defendant’s lawyer, he has invaluable insight into ‘the mind’ and workings of the other side, giving him a competitive edge that helps him achieve the best possible outcome for his clients. His clients benefit from his sensitivity to their needs, his legal background, his strategic thinking, and his pragmatic approach. Yevgeny decision to move to Plaintiff side stems from his pro bono legal assistance he provided in 2015 to people experiencing social disadvantage through the organisation, Justice Connect. During this time he realised that representing the interests of individuals who have been personally aggrieved provided real satisfaction that could not be gained representing the interests of insurance companies on Defendant side.
In addition to his experience in Medical Negligence Law, Yevgeny also has experience in Medical Imaging and Life Expectancy based on his qualifications and past occupations. His primary interests include the importance of diagnostic imaging in the emergency cases and life expectancy of people who have suffered hypoxic brain injuries.
- 2016 Slater & Gordon - Senior Associate
- 2013-2016 Henry Davis York - Solicitor
- 2012 Curwoods Lawyers - Solicitor
- 2010 - 2012 GILD Insurance Litigation - Paralegal/Solicitor
Professional Qualifications and Admissions
- 2013 Admitted to High Court of Australia
- 2011 Admitted to Supreme Court of New South Wales
- 2010 Bachelor of Laws, University of New South Wales
- 2006 Master of Actuarial Studies, University of New South Wales
- 2003 Bachelor of Medical Radiation Science, Sydney University